Worcester Ice Center
- Provide a design-build cohesive signage system that provides visibility to a major highway, that provides electronic messaging, recognizes tenants and participating teams and a value-engineered interior wayfinding and identity sign system.
- The proposed sign system exceeded by right sign allowances and required a master plan for approval beyond allowed sizes.
- The signage was discussed and approved very late in the construction process and required expedited manufacturing and installation services.
- Sunshine designers provided award-winning design criteria on an accelerated schedule. They worked in concert with Ice Center lawyers to formulate an acceptable plan for government approval.
- Engineering challenges for banner bracketry and main identity, tenant installations were resolved.
- Fabrication and installation schedules were accelerated to a “24-7 environment” to accommodate the existing production schedule and infusion of the Ice Center project.
- Constant contact with Ice Center officials, general contractor personnel, sub-contractors, tenants and code compliance personnel was prioritized to facilitate accelerated schedule.
- Company President became a point of contact for urgent matters and functioned as quality control person.